Tuesday, November 20, 2012

So…Here We Go!


Thanks for being a part of my blog. Even though I've been at this for a little while now, this is a new launch. If you look around on the blog page you will notice that the purpose of this page is to make you think. My aim is to use my own experiences to help you do some inward reflection and maybe you would even like to share what might be meandering through your cerebrum!

I have always wanted to write, which is really odd because I hate to read. Well, that’s not exactly true. I hate novels. They’re too long! Newspapers, magazines and short stories are what I like. I believe that there are a lot of people just like me in this area.

So, I have been wondering. “Am I an egomaniac?” Think about it. Why would a guy write something and then go out and solicit a bunch of people to read it? Why would someone make a recording and solicit a bunch of people to listen to it? I don’t think I’m trying to satisfy my ego. However, I do think I have something to say. So, I guess, I have to have some amount of ego to think that what I have to say is important enough that people would want to read it.

This is the same for somebody who records a song, writes a book, hosts a talk show, delivers a sermon and so on. I guess there is some level of ego for anybody who submits a public performance. Without that ego, people wouldn’t share their talent. Talent is a gift from God that is to be shared with the world. Have you ever met anyone that gave their public performance just because they wanted to be in front of the crowd? It is obnoxious to me when I see it.

Here in is the problem. I want to share, but I don’t want to be obnoxious.

The Bible says in Romans 12:3 “I ask each one of you not to think more of himself than he should think. Instead, think in the right way toward yourself by the faith God has given you.” (NLF)

I hope I have talent to write and communicate thought provoking truth. I think it is an honest assessment to say that I’m good enough at it to share it with you. I am also honest enough with myself to know that I’m not the best in the world. So how do I approach folks about reading my blog without being obnoxious?

People don’t like egomaniacs…right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pastor Eric, if God gives you something to say....SAY it. It's important. I personally don't see you as an egomaniac....at all. I want to hear what you have to say and I'm sure I am not alone. I need the connection....I am not alone there either. Keep writing. I will KEEP reading. God bless you.

Alicia said...

When God calls a person, he gives them a message to share. Share God's message any way you can! :)
Alicia


JPPhinn said...

The word of the LORD came to me thus: Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you.
"Ah, Lord GOD!" I said, "I know not how to speak; I am too young."

But the LORD answered me, Say not, "I am too young." To whomever I send you, you shall go; whatever I command you, you shall speak.

Have no fear before them, because I am with you to deliver you, says the LORD.

Then the LORD extended his hand and touched my mouth, saying, See, I place my words in your mouth! - Jeremiah 1:1-9